The play-in games are over and EuroBasket has moved into its Sweet 16 stage – everybody over to Istanbul and it’s win-or-go-home.
How far can Latvia go? Is Spain really too good, or can Cedi Osman and Turkey find the weakness in their blueprint? We give Ukraine some overdue props and dive into pretty much all the other teams who will be trying to make it to the final at Sinan Erdem Arena in only 10 days’ time.
Here’s how it roughly broke down in terms of time:
- 00:00 – Intro, Latvia vs Turkey
- 11:30 – who’s better, Serbia, Latvia, Russia?
- 22:20 – Is Spain worth talking about or are they too good?
- 25:55 – Croatia vs Russia
- 31:55 – Hungary vs Serbia – what can Adam Hanga do?
- 35:00 – Belated Ukraine shoutout
- 40:00 – Romania triple double! GB farewell
- 46:00 – France vs Germany
- 49:40 – Lithuania vs Greece
- 54:10 – Finland vs Italy
- 59:30 – Round of 16 picks summary
Stick around of more podcasts as the tournament progresses, and look out for our $5/month Patreon subscription for bonus content on EuroBasket and throughout the upcoming domestic and EuroLeague season. Shoutout to Gabe Olaseni.