Between now and July 15, there will be plenty of time to talk about Josh Childress’ future. Everybody wants to throw in their two cents—Euroleague Adventures will do the same here shortly—about where he should go and how his career in Europe will be ‘remembered’ when/if he leaves, but luckily for him one thing remains constant in either continent: the rims are ten feet tall.
10. The 360: “Dude, that’s so easy. Nobody was even around.” Then let’s see you do it, chief.
9. All over Aigalew: I don’t know if I feel worse for the guy or the net. Toss up.
8. Mihm’s the Word: I can’t remember why, but I used to really like Chris Mihm. Now I just feel for him.
7. You Got Greek Derbied: Points for faking Spanoulis out of his LA Gears. Points for it coming in the Greek Cup. Points for doing it against your biggest rival, Panathinaikos. Points for converting with 5-time Defensive POY, Dimitris Diamantidis, in the general area.
6. Three Wisemen: Three guys in the paint, nobody challenges Childress at the rim. This is what smart people look like.
5. The One Where Captain Kirk Dies: I wonder if his quadriceps left a bruise on Hinrich’s chest. Also funny: watch Hinrich trip afterwards. I don’t how I feel about the announcers ripping a guy who was left alone on a 1-on-4 break. Of course “Kirk got there waaay too late.”
4. Leave it Alone, Jan: At what point did Jagla think this would end well?
3. Chatzivrettas Regrettas: Damn.
2. Vince Carter gets Vince Cartered: This is easily my favorite. How can you be driving in one direction, plant both feet from so far away and then still get up high enough to dunk—viciously—on the NBA’s best dunker ever? Nothing about this video seems possible.
1. Unreal: For those of you who don’t know the context, they were down by two in the Euroleague semifinals last weekend when this miracle happened with 2.6 in the fourth. Game goes to overtime, Olympiacos wins. As far as game-winning/tying shots go, this one should be up with the Laettner’s. I know I’m biased, but seriously.