Last year on draft night, the lottery featured the likes of Enes Kanter, Jonas Valanciunas, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo while Donatas Motiejunas and Nikola Mirotic kept the early 20s warm for Davis Bertans, Milan Macvan and five other international second rounders.
This year, don’t expect David Stern to mispronounce nearly as many names. Jonathan Givony of the clickably-addictive DraftExpress stops by to give us the rundown of every international prospect worth knowing in the weakest class he’s seen in a decade of drafts.
Plus, Givony lends us answers to these questions. Just click ‘Play’ above.
- Will Evan Fournier learn to knock down open jumpers?
- Is Tornike Shengelia a small forward or a power forward?
- Do any NBA teams buy 6-foot-7 Tomas Satoransky as a point guard? (ELA is split on the matter.)
- Is Kostas Papanikolaou getting too big of a bump from his perfect performance at the Euroleague Final Four?
- Is Furkan Aldemir’s rebounding prowess enough to land him an NBA roster spot as soon as next year?
- Would Jonas Valanciunas have challenged Anthony Davis for the top spot in this year’s draft class?
- Plus Leon Radosevic, the turnover prone Nihad Djedovic, the monstrous Dusan Cantekin, and several other names that could sneak into the tail end of Thursday’s draft.